Saturday, November 14, 2009

Border DJ Johnny Spezzano and I present a check of $132,000 to Joceyln Mejias of CMN!!

This week I co-produced and co-hosted the Children’s Miracle Network Radiothon on The Border 106.7. The fundraiser took place Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 6:00am-6:00pm. I had the honor of meeting and interview some of the kids and their families that CMN has helped. As you can imagine there were a lot of tears over the tree days but I feel amazing about the success of our radiothon.
The CMN radiothon not only allowed me to represent the Miss America Organization, but allowed me to showcase my broadcasting skills. At the radio station I’m known as "Intern Kristina with a K” (or sometimes DJ Ke Ke lol). These two brothers saved their sisters life when her dress caught fire. She had 3rd degree burns covering her body. She spent 21 days in the ICU where she told me she also lost a tooth. : ) CMN was there to help!


Border DJ Johnny and I

Miracle kid Madi Draper.
Madi is preparing to undergo her 36th surgery. She was nice of enough to stop by for an interview.





Posing with fellow Inmotion School of Dance students, Mackenzie Moore and Kyra Daly.
In September I had the privilege of attending the Miss Italia pageant. The pageant is held every year as part of the Bravo Italiano Festival in Watertown. This pageant is very dear to my heart. In 2007 I was crowned Miss Italia and my life was forever changed. I love going back every year and getting to be a part of the girls journey! And of course eating LOTS of pasta : )



No comments:

Post a Comment